This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, September 18th, 2017
The summer good times are over but that doesn’t mean we have to stop having fun! Can’t wait to see everyone’s Upcycled Creations at the meeting!
See you all there!
Upcoming Community Events
1.) archiTEXTURE: Hard Edges in a Soft Medium, Community Art Space, 3rd Floor Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia Street, New Westminster, August 7 – October 2, 2017, 10AM – 5PM Mon to Sun/ 10AM – 8PM Thursday, Fee: Complimentary
August Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, this requires the $5 entrance fee even for first time guests.What to bring:
– 2016/17 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for prorated membership 2016/17(cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2017) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Paper Pieced Blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin Quilts!!!!
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
Agenda:– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Upcycle Guild Feature!
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Block Lotto Challenge
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!