Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, May 18th
At our May meeting, VMQG treasurer Stacey Murton will be sharing tips on making pixel quilts. She’s used patterns by YouPatch to create quilts like “Big Brother” above and has ideas on how to simplify the process.
We’re looking forward to welcoming new VMQG members tonight at we’re halfway through the guild year and our membership fees have been prorated to $25! See Membership Coordinator Michelle McLatchy at the registration table to become a member.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Granville Island adventure and Sew Out at Trout Lake Tuesday, May 19th, contact Stacey Day at socialmedia@
2) Circles Circles Circles Workshop with Terry Aske, 10:00am-5:00pm, Sunday, May 24th, Croatian Cultural Centre. $55 ($60 non-members). Several spaces remaining!
3) Vancouver Mini Maker Faire, 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th, PNE Forum. Volunteers needed!
4) VMQG Weekend Quilting Retreat at Edenvale, October 16-18th, 2015. Several spaces available. $265 total ($50 deposit due immediately to reserve your spot).
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, May 18th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
- 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
- calendar to record upcoming events
- $50 deposit cheque for retreat (if attending)
- cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
- modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
- quilted journal cover (unwrapped) with a card including your contact information forswap with MQG Victoria (if participating)
- modern quilts to share with the public at our Maker Faire booth (quilts will be touched and will be returned at our June meeting)
- your name tag
- Intersection blocks for block lotto
- a mug (none will be supplied)
- treats are welcomed
- door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
- Pixel Quilts with YouPatch by Stacey Murton
- Guild Business
- Break (eat treats & socialize; sign up for retreat, workshop, volunteer for Maker Faire)
- May Challenge
- Show and Tell
- Door Prizes & block lotto