This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on the fourth Monday of the month, Monday, November 16th.
***REMINDER. Please be sure to renew your membership this meeting or it will be $5. See Michelle at the membership table!***
This meeting we have the pleasure of having one of our very own VMQG members Matt Wheeler give us a Trunk Show and share some of his quilts! Matt has been been quilting for many years starting with traditional quilting and moving on to his current passion of modern quilting. Check out Matt’s website at www.kapaquilts.com for more info!
Thanks to all those who brought back the QuiltCon charity quilt block! If you weren’t able to make it to the October meeting, please be sure to bring your blocks back to the November meetin. This way you can pick it up again for the second step or someone else can help out! See Amy at the November meeting to see how you can get involved.
Please remember that all QuiltCon charity blocks are due back for the December meeting!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, November 20th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
2) Free-Motion Quilting Workshop with Lynne Fanthorpe, 10am-5pm, Sunday, November 22nd, Croatian Cultural Centre, $45 for members, $50 for non-members. (currently a wait list) 3) Fancy Fox II Workshop with Jade Prosser, 10am-4pm, Saturday January 30th, Croatian Cultural Centre, $50for members, $55 for non-members. Includes pattern.
November Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, November 16th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email Michelle firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
- 2015/16 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2015/16 (cheque made out to VMQG, Cash or Square is available, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
- calendar to record upcoming events
- cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
- modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
- your name tag
- Wonky Star Blocks for block lotto
- Round Robin kit if you are participating
- a mug (none will be supplied)
- treats are welcomed
- door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
Agenda:- 6:30 PM doors open, sign up for show and tell
- Matt Wheeler Trunk Show!
- Guild Business
- Break (eat treats & socialize, volunteer for committees, sign up for workshop, sew-in, etc)
- November Block Lotto Challenge
- Show and Tell
- Door Prizes & block lotto
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.