This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, September 19th, 2016!
It’s September already! Where did the summer go!? I hope everyone enjoyed the great weather we had and made some fantastic memories. We had a FABULOUS first ever VMQG Showcase! A big thank you to all the Committee members on putting together a great show.
For the September meeting, we are happy to welcome Dinkydoo Fabrics who will be having a pop-up show! Be sure to take a look! The break will be extended for shopping purposes.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1.) Block Printing Workshop with Lysa Flower – Sunday October 2, 2016, Room C, Croatian Cultural Centre, $50 for members, $55 for non-members, plus $20 supply fee payable to Lysa – FULL (wait list in effect)
September Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, September 19th, 2016
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
– 2015/16 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2015/16 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2016) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– Improv Curve for block lotto
– Round Robin blocks
– Show & tell items (UFO’s!!)
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– VMQG Show Summary
– Guild Business
– September Block Lotto Challenge
– Break (eat treats & socialize;sign up for workshops, sew-in’s, Dinkydoo Pop-Up Shop, etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!