At our meeting last night, we announced our next swap, which will be with Modern Quilt Guild Victoria. We’ve swapped with Australia and England, about time we swapped with a semi-local guild, right?
We’re going to be swapping patchwork notebook covers. Amy will be posting a tutorial here on the VMQG blog, so everyone will be working with the same dimensions, making covers to fit a blank composition book.
(two examples Amy showed at our guild meeting last night)
- The covers need to be pieced and quilted, and should be at least 90% solid fabric. They can be entirely solids if the maker prefers, but shouldn’t have more than 10% of printed fabric. Regardless of fabric used, all notebook covers should be MODERN!
- This will be a secret partnered swap. You will receive your partner’s info and make something specifically for them. Someone will receive your info and make something specifically for you. You aren’t necessarily sewing for the person who’s sewing for you, and you’ll keep it a secret until the swap items are received. (If you have questions for the person you’re creating for, you should contact the swap coordinator, not the person themselves.)
- Sign ups will start today, March 17, 2015, and will go to March 31, 2015. That gives you two weeks to get your booty in gear! If the numbers between the two guilds aren’t equal, some people may be swapping with members of their own guild.
- Sign ups will be ONLINE only. This will let Amy email your questionnaire to your partner without having to retype it all and try to decipher your handwriting.
- Partners will be assigned by April 8, 2015 at the latest
- You’ll bring your finished mini quilt back to the May guild meeting, on May 18, 2015. Bring it unwrapped, so that we can take a group photo!
- That gives you 5 weeks to make something amazing!
- As you’re creating, post your notebook cover on social media and use the swap hashtag #VMQGandMQGV so that everyone else can see too!
- There will be no extras in this swap. Please include a note or a card with your contact info, but nothing else. The guilds will be providing notebooks, so no need to include one!
- This is a members-only activity. Supporting your guild has its perks!
Are you excited?
if you have any questions, please email Amy
amy AT vancouvermodernquiltguild DOT ca