This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, November 21st, 2016!
Hey Everyone! This is embarrassing but I forgot to send out the email reminder last week! I will be sure to post this in the Facebook group as well.
Tonight we are happy to have our VINTAGE QUILTS SHOW AND TELL! If you have a vintage quilt or a quilt that was inspired by vintage quilts, please be sure to come sign up and show us! We will also be having the regular Show and tell and this is the last month to get your UFO Challenges done!
ALSO, Membership was due for October! Be sure to bring your membership form and fees.
See you all later!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1.) VMQG Sew-in – When: Friday December 9th 1pm to 11pm Where: Parish Hall, Holy Trinity Church, 1440 West 12th Avenue at Hemlock Street, Vancouver. Enter through the main doors on the south side of West 12th and go up the elevator to the second floor. Fees: $10 or $15 at the door
November Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, November 21st, 2016
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, this requires the $5 entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– 2016/17 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2016/17(cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2017) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– Polaroid Block for block lotto
– Round Robin blocks
– Vintage Quilt Show & tell
– Show & tell items (UFO’s!!)
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Guild Business
– November Block Lotto Challenge
– Vintage Quilt Show and Tell
– QuiltCon 2017 Charity Quilt update
– April Retreat Annoucement
– Break (eat treats & socialize;sign up for workshops, sew-in’s, etc)
– Regular Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!