At our September meeting will be electing (or acclaiming) our new Executive. We are looking for members who are interested in being part of that group, or any of the other volunteer positions that help the guild to run smoothly.
The executive position we are looking for is a bit flexible, and will be decided once we have enough members coming forward and can assess their individual interests. We need a minimum of one more person to fill the role of either:
3. Secretary or
We also have several volunteer positions that could be filled, so contact us if you’d like to be more involved, but can’t participate on the executive.
All of our current exec members have written up job descriptions and posted them in the members’ forum. This is a great way to see what kind of work we do, and how much time we spend on guild activities. Some responsibilities are specific to the position, and others are based on the member’s interests and skills.
What we would need from any exec member is the following:
1. Attendance at most of the executive meetings (one 3 hr meeting/month)
2. Attendance at most of the guild meetings (one 2 hr meeting/month)
3. About 4 hours a month of guild work outside of meetings
4. A 2 year commitment to the exec (but we know life happens)
5. A current Guild membership
6. An interest in cooperation, fun and simplicity
If you have any questions, please contact any current executive member and we’d be happy to answer them.