Our next meeting is Thursday, October 20th at 7:00pm.
Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge, 101-649 E. 15th Ave. (at 15th and Fraser), Vancouver, BC, V5T 2R6. 604-879-3031
What to bring:
– member card, member dues for 2011/12 ($50) or guest fee ($5)
– a folding chair (we often run out of chairs)
– a mug
– your Halloween challenge block/s (each block will be traded for a ticket in the raffle)
– a modern quilt to share
– your name tag
– Registration for Nov. 20th Sew-in ($10)
Photography: Sonja Callaghan (but feel free to take your own pictures too)
Refreshments: If you can help, please email email@example.com
Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Renew membership and shop
– Favourite modern quilting books icebreaker
– Terry Aske’s “Quilt Show 101” Talk
– Guild Business (sew-in, retreats, swap)
– New Holiday Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & Halloween Block Raffle
– Your membership officially expires on October 31st, 2011, so we will be doing renewals at this month’s meeting. You can pay your $50 dues by cash, cheque made out to VMQG, or via PayPal.
– The icebreaker will be a discussion of our favourite modern quilting books, so you might want to scribble a few titles on a slip of paper and bring it with you.
-What do you want to know about entering a quilt show? Terry Aske will be answering your questions so that you’ll feel ready to enter a quilt in The Modern Quilt Guild Showcase at Fall Market 2012. Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 19th, and I’ll forward them on to Terry.
– Louise will be accepting registrations for our Sunday, November 20th Sew-in. Remember the new fees are $10 in advance, or $15 the day of the sew-in.
-If you would like to see copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings please email Amy at email@example.com.
-Just a reminder, the deadline for our Habitat challenge is the November 17th meeting!
See you there!