Our next meeting is 6:00pm, Thursday, August 16th
We look forward to seeing you this Thursday for our guild meeting! We’ll be meeting at a different location & time than usual so we can enjoy the summer weather at Trout Lake Park. You’ll get your pouch from the Vancouver-Portland pouch swap, have a chance to register in our full-day retreat on September 15th, and, as always, we’ll have an inspiring round of Show and Tell!
When: 6:00ish-9:00pm, Thursday, August 16th, 2012 (bring a picnic dinner if you like and come early to socialize. We’ll start our meeting around 7pm as usual.)
Where: The picnic area in John Hendry (Trout Lake) Park, East Vancouver. The closest parking lots are at BC Parkway just off of E 19th Ave (smaller lot, but closer to the meeting place) and
Trout Lake Community Centre (larger lot, entrance at Victoria Dr and E 15th Ave, five min walk from site). We’ll station volunteers in the parking lots to direct you to the meeting. We’ll be meeting by the bathrooms and concession stand at the south end of the park near the sandy beach front.
Questions: Check in with our facebook page or twitter account if you need help on the night of the meeting. Heather will be monitoring the pages on her smart phone.
- a picnic blanket or lawn chair
- $75 to register for the Full Day VMQG Retreat happening on Saturday, September 15th
- member card, dues for 2011/12 (last chance to qualify for QuiltCon member discount, membership prorated to $25) or guest fee ($5)
- a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell and/or photograph (we will have a quilt stand available that you are welcome to use for lovely outdoor photos)
- a mug (none will be supplied)
- treats are welcomed, please email Nancy at refreshments@
- Donations of door prizes are always appreciated! Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
- Pouch Swap presentation and group photo
- Door Prizes
Note: If you would like to see copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings please email Amy at secretary@
See you there!