We’re looking forward to a great meeting on Monday! I’m reposting this meeting reminder so it’ll be on the front page of the website until our meeting on the 19th. Hope to see you there!
As always, our swaps and challenges are optional, but if you’re participating in all of them, this is what you’ll be finishing up this weekend:
1) Your Kona Modern Quilts Challenge project. This challenge uses fabric designed by Cynthia Frenette (plus optional additional Kona solids) to make any project you’d like! We can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!
2) Your pincushion for the Modern Quilt Guild pincushion swap organized by the Kansas City MQG. Please attach two labels to your pincushion (as in the photo above). The large label should have your name, email, blog (if applicable), VMQG, filling type, and whether or not you’re going to QuiltCon. The small label should just have your name and guild and will be affixed to the pincushion that will be coming to you to keep everything organized.
3) Your bag of scraps for the holiday scrap challenge and swap! Bring in a sandwich-sized baggie full of scraps (approximately a fat quarter’s worth) and tuck your name inside the bag somewhere. We’ll swap bags at this meeting and bring the completed items to the December 17th meeting.
Photo by Amy Dame
4) Completed items to sell at Got Craft? holiday edition. If you’ve volunteered to make merchandise for the VMQG’s booth at Got Craft?, this is your chance to bring in your finished items. You can see tutorials for mini bunting banners, needlebooks, and hexie coasters at Amy’s blog. There will also be opportunities to hand in finished items in December.
Phew! You’re welcome to participate in all or none of the above. No matter what, if you’re coming to the meeting, you’ll need the basic event information, which follows.
Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, November 19th
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Membership renewal: Thanks to the 30+ VMQG members who have already renewed for 2012/13! If you haven’t already renewed your membership, please do at this meeting! New members can fill out the membership form and bring it to the meeting along with their $50 payment.
Where: Room C509, Langara College, 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver (on W 49th between Cambie and Main)
Directions & Parking: Details available on the meetings page of our website.
– 2012/13 membership card, $50 dues for 2012/13 (cheque or cash) or guest fee ($5)
– Kona Modern Quilts Challenge project
– $60 payment for Greetings from Antarctica workshop if you’ve registered
– a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Nancy at refreshments@
– donations of door prizes are always appreciated! Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Break (hand in pincushions, workshop registrants pay for workshop & get your book!)
– Door Prizes
Note: Members are welcome to request copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings by emailing Heather at secretary@