Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, August 19th
We look forward to seeing you at the Oakridge Seniors’ Centre on Monday night for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild’s August meeting! Free fabric alert! We have an exciting challenge to introduce at our meeting and are busily creating fabric bundles for our members. Can’t wait for the big reveal on Monday!
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, August 19th, 2013
Doors open at 6:30pm, come early and socialize!
Where: Oakridge Seniors’ Centre, 650 W 41st Ave, Vancouver (at Oakridge Centre on W 41st at Cambie)
Directions & Parking: The Oakridge Seniors’ Centre is on the retail level of Oakridge Centre, located at the Southwest corner of Cambie St and W 41st Ave in Vancouver. The OSC is just West of the library and Kin’s Market. Our meeting space can be accessed directly from the Southwest parking lot. You can access the parking lot off of W 41st Ave or Cambie St. If you are heading South on Cambie, turn right on 45th and follow signs to The Bay/Zellers. If you’re coming from 41st Ave, take the Bay/Zellers entrance and continue past those stores until you reach the Seniors’ Centre.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you’d email holly@
Parking: Free parking is available in the Oakridge Centre parking lot.
Transit: The Oakridge Seniors’ Centre is a five minute walk from the Oakridge-41st Station on the Canada Line.
– 2012/13 membership card, $25 dues for remainder of 2012/13 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2013) or guest fee ($5)
– money to sign up for Krista Hennebury’s 241 Tote workshop and/or $10 for Friday, September 20thSew-in
– a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at secretary@
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Guild Business
– MQG Trivia Game
– August Fabric Challenge
– Announcement of new international swap
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; pick up free fabric, sign up for swap, pay for upcoming workshop & sew-in)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes
Note: Members are welcome to request copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings by emailing Heather at secretary@