Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, October 21st
We look forward to seeing you at the Trout Lake Community Centre on Monday night for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild’s October meeting! Amy Dame is back from her trip to Portland and has a great slideshow of the Northwest Quilting Expo to share so we can see all of our beautiful quilts in the exhibit!
As our membership year is drawing to a close, it’s time to renew memberships! Remember, your membership in the VMQG automatically makes you a member of The Modern Quilt Guild as well! To register as a member (either new or renewing), print out this 2013-14 Membership Form (68KB .pdf file), fill it in, and bring it to Monday night’s meeting along with $50 cash or a cheque for payment. We will also have forms available at the meeting but it will save time if you fill in your form beforehand.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, October 21st, 2013
Doors open at 6:30pm, come early and renew your membership!
Where: Grandview Room at the Trout Lake Community Centre, 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, V5N 4M4
Directions & Parking: The entrance to the Trout Lake Community Centre parking lot is located at E 15th Ave and Victoria Drive. If you’re heading north on Victoria Drive, turn right onto Victoria Drive (the Victoria Diversion). You will find the Grandview Room on your left immediately after you enter the building.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you’d email holly@
Transit: The Trout Lake Community Centre is approximately 7 blocks from the Commercial-Broadway Skytrain station. The 20 Victoria bus travels south on Commercial Drive.
– 2012/13 membership card, $50 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid untilOct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– Halloween blocks for the block lottery
– money to sign up for Amy Dame’s Nov. 24th Improv Bullseye workshop, Krista Hennebury’s Oct. 27th 241 Tote workshop, and/or $10 for Friday, November 22nd Sew-in
– a tote bag for the second round of the tote swap
– a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at secretary@
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Show and Tell (yes, we’re switching things up and doing Show and Tell first!)
– Tote Bag swap part two
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; renew memberships; pay for upcoming workshops & sew-in; pick up quilts from NW Quilting Expo)
– Challenge reminders
– Guild Business
– Slideshow of Northwest Quilting Expo exhibit by Amy Dame
– Door Prizes
Note: Members are welcome to request copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings by emailing Heather at secretary@