Our membership year runs from November 1 to October 31 annually. That means if you haven’t renewed your membership recently, it expired on October 31, 2013. If you haven’t renewed yet, here are a few some great reasons to do it sooner, rather than later. (Warning – lots of advertising slogans in this post!)
Membership benefits include the following:
- free monthly guild meetings
- membership in The Modern Quilt Guild (this comes with an additional list of benefits including discounts on MQG events, access to the MQG online community, and opportunities to participate in MQG swaps and challenges
- discounts at local fabric shops
- priority registration in VMQG workshops, retreats, and sew-ins
- voting rights
- access to our members-only forum
But wait, there’s more! The MQG has announced Riley Blake Designs as this year’s sponsor of the 3rd annual MQG members fabric challenge. They are generously providing each official MQG member 6 fat eighths from their Basic category. Each member will be receiving fabrics like these colors and patterns.
And there will be prizes! The MQG has extended the deadline for posting a photo of your finished entry to February 17, 2014, and Riley Blake has offered up some fabric prizes.
So what’s the catch? We’ve received the fabric for our guild members, but it’s still on the bolts and we have to cut it up. Only members in good standing are eligible to receive the fabric. We’ll be cutting in December, and handing out the fabric at our December 16th meeting. If you are a member as of midnight November 18th, you’ll receive a package of fabric. So, if you want free fabric and the chance to win more (and honestly, who would say no to that?), now’s the time to renew your member, or join our guild if you aren’t already a member.
To register as a member at the November 18th meeting:
- bring $50 cash or a cheque for payment,
- print out this 2013-14 Membership Form (68KB .pdf file), fill it in, and bring it with you. (We will also have forms available at the meeting but it will save time if you fill in your form beforehand.)
If you can’t make it to the meeting:
- submit our online membership form
- use PayPal to send $51.75 to firstname.lastname@example.org (instructions to pay via
- Paypal are here)
Your Executive is looking forward to distributing Basics fabric packages to all of our new and renewing members at the December guild meeting – don’t delay, renew today!