Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, November 18th
We look forward to seeing you at the Trout Lake Community Centre on Monday night for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild’s November meeting! We’ll be sharing our Cotton Couture Challenge projects and voting for Viewer’s Choice and we’ve got some great prizes for first and second place! There’s a lot to remember this month, so please read the “What to bring” list carefully and don’t forget your chequebook!
In October, we started a sign up sheet for show and tell so you don’t have to wait in line until your name is called. If you have something to share, please sign up at the registration table before the meeting. If you arrive part way through show and tell, we still want to see what you have to share! We’ll give you a chance to jump in once we’ve gone through the list.
As our membership year ended on October 31st, it’s time to renew memberships! Thanks to the forty-two of you who have renewed or joined as a new member! See our blog for a full list of member benefits. You must be a member by November 18th in order to participate in the Riley Blake Basics Challenge and/or to enter the lottery for our upcoming retreat. To register as a member (either new or renewing), print out this 2013-14 VMQG Membership Form (68KB .pdf file), fill it in, and bring it to Monday night’s meeting along with $50 cash or a cheque for payment. We will also have forms available at the meeting but it will save time if you fill in your form beforehand.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) We still have spaces in our Friday night Sew-in on November 22nd from 6-11pm. $10 ahead/$15 day of.
2) Amy Dame’s Improv Bull’s Eye Pillow workshop has been rescheduled and the new date is Sunday, February 23rd, 2014. Registration is $50 and we’ll be opening it up to members at this meeting.
3) The moment you’ve been waiting for is here – it’s time to enter the lottery for the twenty available spaces in our May 1st-4th, 2014 Edenvale Retreat! Bring a $50 deposit cheque to the meeting and you’ll either secure your spot or be entered in a lottery for a spot if we have lots of interest. Find all the retreat details here.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, November 18th, 2013
Doors open at 6:30pm, come early to renew your membership and sign up for show and tell!
Where: Grandview Room at the Trout Lake Community Centre, 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, V5N 4M4
Directions & Parking: The entrance to the Trout Lake Community Centre parking lot is located at E 15th Ave and Victoria Drive. If you’re heading north on Victoria Drive, turn right onto Victoria Drive (the Victoria Diversion). You will find the Grandview Room on your left immediately after you enter the building.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you’d email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
Transit: The Trout Lake Community Centre is approximately 7 blocks from the Commercial-Broadway Skytrain station. The 20 Victoria bus travels south on Commercial Drive.
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– your Cotton Couture Challenge projects (even if you’ve already shared them, bring them back so we can get a group photo and vote for Viewer’s Choice!)
– $50 to sign up for Amy Dame’s Feb. 23rd Improv Bullseye workshop and/or $10 for Friday, November 22nd Sew-in
– your completed unwrapped needlebook (DON’T add needles! DO add contact info so your partner can thank you!)
– a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to bring a treat.
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.Agenda:
– Cotton Couture & Needlebook Show and Tell
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; renew memberships; enter lottery for retreat; pay for upcoming workshop & sew-in; vote for Cotton Couture Challenge, hand in needlebooks)
– Holiday swap announcement
– Guild Business
– Regular Show and Tell (time permitting)
– Door Prizes and announcement of Viewer’s Choice winners