Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, December 16th
We look forward to seeing you on Monday night for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild’s holiday meeting! This month, Heather will be hosting us at the common room of her building. Non-members are welcome to come as guests, please email Heather at email@example.com for details. This will be a fun and festive gathering with a focus on show and tell and treats rather than guild business. We can’t wait to give out Riley Blake Challenge fabric to members! We’ll also have needlebooks for those who participated in the swap with the London MQG and a holiday ornament swap. We’re hoping to add to the party atmosphere with a large selection of refreshments, so please consider bringing a treat. We look forward to seeing you there!
We have started a sign up sheet for show and tell so you don’t have to wait in line until your name is called. If you have something to share, please sign up at the registration table before the meeting. If you arrive part way through show and tell, we still want to see what you have to share! We’ll give you a chance to jump in once we’ve gone through the list.
As our membership year ended on October 31st, it’s time to renew memberships! Thanks to the seventy-four of you who have renewed or joined as a new member! See our blog for a full list of member benefits. To register as a member (either new or renewing), print out this 2013-14 Membership Form (68KB .pdf file), fill it in, and bring it to Monday night’s meeting along with $50 cash or a cheque for payment. We will also have forms available at the meeting.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) We have scheduled a Friday night sew-in on January 31st at Holy Trinity Anglican Church from 6-11pm. $10 ahead/$15 day of.
2) Amy Dame’s Improv Bull’s Eye Pillow workshop has been rescheduled and the new date is Sunday, February 23rd, 2014. Registration is $50.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, December 16th, 2013
We’ll be starting at our usual 7pm. The building requires keyfob access so Heather or another member of the executive will be waiting down by the door to let people in between 6:30 and 7:00 (or shortly after 7).
Where: Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org for the address.
Parking: Street parking is available.
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– your handmade ornaments for the holiday ornament swap
– $50 to sign up for Amy Dame’s Feb. 23rd Improv Bullseye workshop and/or $10 for Friday, January 31st Sew-in
– a modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– both savoury and sweet treats treats are welcomed, please email Heather at email@example.com if you plan to bring something.
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Riley Blake Challenge
– Show and Tell (Part 1)
– Presentation of needlebooks
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; ornament swap; pay for upcoming workshop & sew-in)
– Show and Tell (Part 2)
– Guild Business
– Door Prizes
Note: Members are welcome to request copies of the minutes from previous guild or executive meetings by emailing Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!