At our last meeting I shared that Carola from Carola’s Quilt Shop on the Sunshine Coast will be visiting our February meeting – Monday, February 17th. Carola will be giving a talk as well as holding a pop-up sale for members to get their shopping on! The talk is entitled “The Right Needle + The Right Thread = Stitch Bliss” and Carola provided me with the following description: Tips, tricks and techniques that make your sewing pure joy. Choosing the right tools, supplies and equipment should be a ‘thoughtful’ process and Carola will help you along with your sewing knowledge adventure.
I also mentioned that members will be able to place advance orders on Auriful thread to Carola which she will then bring on meeting night. A digital colour card can be found on Aurifil’s website as well as photos of individual spools. Please remember that the colours may appear differently on your monitor than they will in person. Carola will be bringing lots of thread with her in all the spool sizes so please don’t worry if you’re not ready to place a pre-order.
Here are her sale prices on thread:
– Large cones 50wt (neutral colours – black and white, greys, taupes and beiges) (6452yd/5900m) – regular $44.99 / sale $38.25
– Large cones 40wt (neutral colours – black and white, greys, taupes and beiges)) (5140yd/4700m) – regular $44.99 / sale $24.50
– Large spools 50wt (1421yd/1300m) – regular $12.99 / sale $9.95 (6 for $55)
– Large spools 40wt (1093yd/1000m) – regular $12.99 / sale $9.95 (6 for $55)
– Large spool 28wt (820yd/750m) – regular $12.99 / sale $8.50
– Large spool 12wt (355yd/325m) – regular $12.99 / sale $8.50
– Aurilux polyester 36wt (inventory reduction) (1200yd/1100m) sale $3.98
– Lana wool/acrylic thread (inventory reduction) (380yd/350m) sale $3.98
Pre-orders can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-604-886-1245. Please state that you are placing an order to be delivered by Carola to the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild lecture. Payment can be made to Carola when she’s here.
There will also be 12 spool “designer” Auriful kits available at the pop-up shop for $89.95 (regular $129.95)
Carola will be bringing all sorts of goodies to her pop-up shop with prices at least 15% off retail and some items will be 35-50% off. She knows that we are a modern guild and will be sure to bring stock that we’ll love! As for payment types, she takes Visa, Mastercard, cheques and cash. The pop-up sale will run for half an hour before the meeting, during the break and after the meeting finishes.
We’re thrilled to have Carola join us in February!