A brand new event from the organizers of International Quilt Festival and Quilt Market – Quilt! Knit! Stitch!™ – will debut in Portland, Oregon, August 14 – 16, 2014. More information about the event can be found here. http://pokeysponderings.com/2013/12/10/introducing-quiltknitstitch/
And to go along with this brand new event, is a brand new quilt exhibit – Modern Metallic will showcase modern quilts made by members of Modern Quilt Guilds in the Pacific Northwest. Quilters are encouraged to feature the use of metallic design details including but not limited to fabric, thread, and themes.
Robert Kaufman is offering participating guilds gorgeous fabric from their new Quilter’s Metallic Collections: Quilter’s Tussah, Quilter’s Linen, and Quilter’s Burlap. If you plan to participate and would like some of the fabric, you must email email@example.com by February 23rd. Please note that including the Robert Kaufman fabric in your quilt is optional.
Details about eligible quilts:
- You may submit one or two quilts.
- There is no “made after” date requirement.
- Maximum size: 48” x 48”.
- There is no minimum size.
- Any fabrics can be used.
Follow this link for more information about the exhibit, and information about how to enter: http://callforentriespnwmodernquilts.com/
- February 23 – deadline to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want some of the Robert Kaufman metallic fabrics
- April 4 – online registration opens
- May 2 – online registration closes
- June 6 – notification of selected entries
- July 8 – selected pieces arrive in Houston by this date
- September 2014 (unless traveling) – pieces returned to owner