When we had our fun post-it-note exercise at the December meeting, we wrote down our answer(s) to “In 2014, I want to…” The one answer that outnumbered all the rest was a variation on “finish _____” – UFOs, specific quilts, a quilt.
Clearly, a challenge was in order, so we introduced a UFO Challenge, and here are the promised details.
- Beginning at the February 17th, meeting, visit the UFO Challenge table where you can register the projects you plan to finish over the course of the guild year.
- Pay $2 per project you register.
- A finish means quilted, bound, shown at show and tell AND ticked off the master list by the UFO Challenge representative.
- We aren’t stipulating a minimum project size or what constitutes a UFO, but please exercise reasonableness.
- The UFO Challenge runs until the October meeting, but of course you can – and should – finish ’em and show ’em any time beginning at the March meeting.
- We’re planning for prizes, including shares of the kitty, and other fun stuff – stay tuned!
So make your list of UFOs, collect your toonies and get ready for a fun challenge!