Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, April 21st
Our April meeting is coming up on Monday and we’ll be meeting at our new venue, the Unitarian Church of Vancouver at 949 W 49th Avenue. Due to the difficulties we experienced with access to our previous venue at our March meeting, we have decided to switch venues earlier than planned. We’re looking forward to many successful meetings at our new space!
Janet Archibald, Terry Aske, and Sheila Wex have all graciously offered to share tips on a variety of binding techniques at this meeting. They have prepared several information sheets which will be available online but which will not be handed out at the meeting.
Binding technique information sheets:
Joining Binding Pieces by Janet Archibald (0.5MB pdf file, 1 page)
Tips for Machine Applied Bindings by Janet Archibald (1.5MB pdf file, 5 pages)
Quilt Facing Finish by Terry Aske (0.5MB pdf file, 7 pages)
Creation of Bias Binding by Sheila Wex (0.05MB pdf file, 2 pages)
Upcoming VMQG Events
Creating Large Working Small workshop with Marianne Haak: 9:30am-5:30pm, Sunday, May 25th, $60 (VMQG members), $65 (non-members). If you’ve signed up, please pay at this meeting to confirm your spot!
April Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, April 21st, 2014
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar for checking upcoming dates
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– converging corners blocks for block lottery
– list of your UFOs (Unfinished Objects) for our UFO Challenge and $2/project
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to bring something.
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Binding Techniques talks by Janet Archibald, Terry Aske, and Sheila Wex
– April Challenge
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; pay for workshop)
– Show and Tell
– Guild Business
– Door Prizes