Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, May 26th
Our May meeting is coming up on Monday and we’ll be back at our new venue, the Unitarian Church of Vancouver at 949 W 49th Avenue. We are happy that our later-than-usual meeting date this month coincides with Marianne Haak‘s visit to Vancouver and therefore she will be presenting a trunk show at our meeting on May 26th!
Did you hear that the Michael Miller Petal Pinwheels Challenge deadline has been extended to July? If you didn’t get your bundle at our April meeting, make sure you pick up your fabric by the end of the break on Monday night. We’ll be showcasing our finished projects at our outdoor meeting on July 21st.
Vancouver Mini Maker Faire 2014 is only two weeks away and the VMQG is excited about participating for the fourth time! We need your modern quilts for our booth, so please bring them to the meeting if you’re willing to share them with the public.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) All-day Sew-in on Sunday, June 22nd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $15 ($20 on the day of the sew-in). (priority registration for VMQG members).
2) Keep posted for summer sew-outs at various parks.
May Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, May 26th, 2014
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar for checking upcoming dates
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell (don’t forget to bring in your Modern Metallic quilt if you participated in the challenge!)
– quilt to share at our Maker Faire booth
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at email@example.com if you plan to bring something.
– door prizes. Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Trunk Show by Marianne Haak
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; sign up for sew-in, Modern Metallic group photo, pick up challenge bundles)
– May Challenge
– Guild Business
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes