Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, June 16th
We look forward to seeing you at the Unitarian Church of Vancouver on Monday night for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild’s fourth anniversary celebration! We always try to make our birthdays a fun event with more refreshments and door prizes than usual. We’ve ordered cupcakes and there are some exciting prizes waiting for you, so we’re ready to celebrate! Please consider bringing a treat and/or prize to add to the fun!
Welcome to all of our new members! We had ten members join at our May meeting and are now at 97 members. Who knows? We might break 100 at our upcoming meeting!
Thanks to all of you who volunteered to make our Maker Faire booth a success! If you lent your quilts for our booth, you can pick them up from Heather at the meeting.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) All-day Sew-in on Sunday, June 22nd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $15 (priority registration for VMQG members).
2) Sew-out at Jericho Beach, 6:30-9:00pm, Monday, June 30th, free, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
3) Paul’s Wedge Workshop, Sunday, July 27th, Croatian Cultural Centre $55 ($60 non-members), includes wedge ruler. If you already have the ruler, the price is $43 for members, $48 for non-members.
4) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, August 1st, Holy Trinity Church Hall, $10
June Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– Wonky Cross blocks for block lottery
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at email@example.com if you plan to bring something.
– door prizes (we’d love to have lots of door prizes at this special meeting!) Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Show and Tell
– June Challenge
– Break (eat cupcakes & socialize!; sign up for sew-in/sew-out/workshop, pick up Maker Faire quilts)
– Guild Business
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes