Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, July 21st
We look forward to seeing you on Monday for our guild meeting! We’ll be meeting at a different location than usual so we can enjoy the summer weather at Trout Lake Park. The forecast is showing a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 22C on Monday, so hopefully we’ll have a lovely evening at the park!
Inclement weather plan: If it should rain, we will meet in Room 112 at the Renfrew Community Centre at 2929 East 22nd Ave, Vancouver (where we had our March meeting). If the weather is looking iffy, watch your email and the blog. If we decide to change venues, we will let you know by 5pm on Monday.
We will be sharing our Michael Miller Petal Pinwheels Challenge projects at this meeting and we’d like to ask people who have already shared their completed projects to bring them back for a group photo. Since we expect lots of challenge participants, we’ll have limited time for our regular show and tell this month (however if you have something time-sensitive to share, for example, a UFO Challenge project that’s being given as a gift before our August meeting, bring it along and we’ll do our best to squeeze it in!). Members with completed challenge projects will each receive a ticket towards a random prize draw.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Outdoor Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, July 21st, 2014 Come early and bring a picnic dinner! We’ll start our meeting around 7pm as usual.
Who: VMQG members, guests, and families. You are welcome to bring your families and friends along. There is a nearby playground if children get restless during show and tell.
Where: The grassy area near the concession stand at the south end of Trout Lake in John Hendry (Trout Lake) Park, East Vancouver. The nearest intersection is BC Parkway and E 19th Ave. The closest parking lots are at BC Parkway just off of E 19th Ave (smaller lot, but closer to the meeting place) and Trout Lake Community Centre (larger lot, entrance at Victoria Dr and E 15th Ave, five min walk from site).
Note for those who attended in 2013: we are attempting to avoid the bluegrass convention and are meeting across the path at the site where we met in 2012.
Transit: The #20 bus goes down Commercial Drive and takes you within a few blocks of ourmeeting place.
Questions: Check in with our facebook page or twitter account if you need help on the night of the meeting. Holly will be monitoring the pages on her phone.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Friday night Sew-in on Friday, August 1st at Holy Trinity Anglican Church 6:00pm-11:00pm for $10 (priority registration for VMQG members).
2) Paul’s Wedge Workshop, Sunday, July 27th, Croatian Cultural Centre $55 ($60 non-members), includes wedge ruler. If you already have the ruler, the price is $43 for members, $48 for non-members. (one space remaining!) Email amy@vancouvermodernquiltguild.
3) PNW MQG Meet Up: Friday, August 22nd-Sunday, August 24th, Vancouver. See VMQG website for more information.
4) PNW MQG Meet Up Social Mixer at Rainier Provisions 6:00-9:00pm, Saturday, August 23rd, tickets available at July 21st meeting. $15 each.
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– chequebook, cash, or credit card so you’re prepared to sign up for fun events
– Petal Pinwheels Challenge project (even if you’ve already shared!)
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell (time permitting)
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at secretary@
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Essential business
– Petal Pinwheels Show and Tell & Group Photo
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; sign up for sew-in/workshop/meet up social mixer)
– Recap of ongoing swaps and challenges
– Guild Business
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes