Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, September 15th
We’re looking forward to hearing from local pattern designer Tasia St. Germaine at our meeting on Monday! Tasia has recently released “The Sewtionary: An A to Z Guide to 101 Sewing Techniques and Definitions” and will have copies of her book and patterns on hand. We’ll be happy to welcome you to Tasia’s pop-up shop at 6:30pm (cash only, please!). We’ll be setting up shop before 6:30pm, so no earlybirds, please!
This will be our last meeting before our Knit City booth, so we’re collecting quilts for our display. Please email Sunday Hawthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a half-day volunteer shift for October 4th or 5th. More details on our blog.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Paper Piecing Workshop with Stacey Day, Sunday, September 28th, Croatian Cultural Centre $45 ($50 non-members), includes pattern for block.
2) Knit City Fibre Festival, 10-6 Saturday, October 4th & 10-6 Sunday, October 5th at the PNE Forum. The VMQG will have a booth and we’re looking for volunteers for half-day shifts. Sign up at break at the meeting!
3) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, October 17th, Holy Trinity Church Hall, $10
4) Executive elections at our October 20th meeting, see nomination procedure on blog.
5) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, November 14th, Holy Trinity Church Hall, $10
6) All-day Sew-in on Sunday, November 23rd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $20 (priority registration for VMQG members).
7) Improv Piecing Workshop with Krista Hennebury, Sunday, November 30th, Croatian Cultural Centre $50 ($63 non-members)
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, September 15th, 2014
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash for Tasia’s pop-up shop
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– quilt/s to display at Knit City (see Sunday at the meeting)
– “Scattered blocks” challenge blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Niki at treasurer@
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Tasia St. Germaine’s talk
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; shop for books & patterns, sign up for workshops/sew-ins, sign up to volunteer at Knit City)
– Guild Business
– September Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & Block Lotto