Note from Holly: I sent this out to our mailing list (sign up here) via email on Thursday but forgot to blog about it. Sorry if you’re only getting your meeting reminder now! Hope to see you tomorrow!
Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, November 17th
A few reminders:
1) Membership renewals: Thanks to the 45 members who renewed their memberships or became members at our October meeting! Memberships expired on October 31st, so it’s membership renewal time! If you haven’t yet renewed your membership, it would help us out if you could bring in your completed membership form and $50 payment so we can sign you up for another year of inspiration with the VMQG! Guest fees for non-members are $5/meeting.
2) To our 35 members participating in the Teeny Weeny Swap with our Australian friends in Sydney and Brisbane, here’s your reminder to bring in your items on Monday (unwrapped) and attach a card with your contact info (at least name and email). Please help us keep postage fees low by only handing in your item and omitting any extra goodies.
3) If you participated in the Round Robin, please bring back your quilt top so we can take a group shot. Thanks!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) All-day Sew-in on Sunday, November 23rd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $20 (priority registration for VMQG members). (approx. 5 spaces remaining)
2) Temperature Check Improv Piecing Workshop with Krista Hennebury, 10am-5pm, Sunday, November 30th, Croatian Cultural Centre $50 ($63 non-members) (1 space remaining)
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, November 17th, 2014
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– Crop Circle blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin quilt top so we can get a group photo
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Niki at email@example.com if you plan to bring something.
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Gift ideas for the holidays
– Show and Tell (Teeny Weeny Swap items & group photo, Round Robin group photo)
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; hand in swap items, sign up for workshop/sew-in)
– November Challenge
– Guild Business
– Door Prizes & Block Lotto