Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, January 19th
A few reminders:
1) As it’s the first month of the year, we thought it would be fun to share our first quilts! If you have access to your first quilt, please bring it to show and tell at tomorrow night’s meeting. If your quilt isn’t in your possession anymore, perhaps you can just share a story about it! (sorry for the extremely late notice!)
2) Our UFO Challenge is kicking off again for 2015 and it’s time to sign up! Bring a list of your unfinished projects that you’d like to complete by the fall. Full details in our blog post.
3) Mini Fabric Challenge: Members can pick up their Cotton + Steel 10″ x 10″ squares for the mini fabric challenge until break time. As you’re working on your challenge, be sure to share it using the hashtag #vmqgcottonandsteel
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, January 30th, Holy Trinity Church Hall, $10
2) All-day “We’re not going to QuiltCon” Sew-in on Sunday, February 22nd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $20 (priority registration for VMQG members).
3) Weekend Sew-in Saturday, March 14th and Sunday, March 15th, 9:00am-midnightat the Croatian Cultural Centre both days: $35, per day: $20
4) Wedge Workshop with Paul Krampitz, Sunday, 10:00am-5:00pm, March 29th, Croatian Cultural Centre $55 ($60 non-members), includes wedge ruler.
5) Applique with a Modern Twist Workshop with Stacey Murton and Matt Wheeler, Sunday, April 26th, Croatian Cultural Centre.
Applique sample by Stacey Murton
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, January 19th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your first quilt for Show and Tell
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– list of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) and $2 per item for UFO Challenge
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Show and Tell: Part 1, First quilts
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; sign up for workshop/sew-ins)
– January Challenge
– Show and Tell: Part 2, Recent work
– Door Prizes