Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, February 16th
1) Stacey M. will be sharing an Instagram tutorial at our meeting so bring your smart phone or tablet and play along. There will be how-tos for the beginner and advanced users will learn a thing or two as well!
2) It’s time to share your Cotton + Steel Mini Fabric Challenge projects! Nearly fifty people took fabric to make whatever they liked and we’re looking forward to seeing what you made. Post finished projects using the hashtag #vmqgcottonandsteel
3) Our UFO Challenge is up and running and it’s time to sign up! Bring a list of your unfinished projects that you’d like to complete by the fall and $2/project. Full details in our blog post.
4) We have lots of upcoming workshops and sew-ins coming up (including a brand new workshop to be announced at the meeting!) so be sure to bring your calendar and method of payment so you can register!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) All-day “We’re not going to QuiltCon” Sew-in on Sunday, February 22nd at the Croatian Cultural Centre 9:00am-9:00pm for $20.
2) Weekend Sew-in Saturday, March 14th and Sunday, March 15th, 9:00am-midnight at the Croatian Cultural Centre both days: $35, per day: $20
3) Guild Meeting with “Make It, Take It” Trunk Show by author Krista Hennebury, 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, March 16th
4) Wedge Workshop with Paul Krampitz (FULL), 10:00am-5:00pm, Sunday, March 29th, Croatian Cultural Centre $55 ($60 non-members), includes wedge ruler. We are taking names for a wait list.
5) Applique with a Modern Twist Workshop with Stacey Murton and Matt Wheeler, 10:00am-4:00pm, Sunday, April 26th, Croatian Cultural Centre. $50 ($55 non-members). Fee includes some basic supplies.
6) New workshop to be announced at the meeting, May 2015
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, February 16th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your Cotton + Steel Mini Fabric Challenge project
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– list of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) and $2 per item for UFO Challenge
– your name tag
– Raspberry Kiss blocks for block lotto
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Introduction to Instagram (aka We Be Grammin’)
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize; sign up for workshop & sew-ins)
– February Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto