Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, August 17th
We’re excited to have a Modern Mini Showcase at the upcoming Vancouver Quilters’ Guild show and we hope you’ve started thinking about what you might make for the show! At our August meeting, Amy Dame will walk us through blocking a quilt, a process that squares everything up and gets your quilt looking great for a show. Share your progress pics using the hashtag #VMQGmodernminishowcase.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Pop it in Your Purse, Honey! Workshop with Berene Campbell, 10am-4pm, Sunday, August 16th, Croatian Cultural Centre, $50 for members, $55 for non-members (there are a couple spaces available, emailamy@vancouvermodernquiltguild.
2) EPIC Pacific Northwest Modern Quilt Guild Meet Up, Thursday, August 20-Sunday, August 23, SilverCloud Inn – University Village, Seattle, registration open until August 19th, $40 USD #EPICMeetup2015
4) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, August 28th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
5) Fancy Fox II Quilt workshop with Jade Prosser, Sunday, September 27th, $50 for members, $55 for non-members (including the pattern) Several spaces available!
6) VMQG Weekend Quilting Retreat at Edenvale, October 16-18th, 2015.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, August 17th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– $215 cheque for retreat (if you haven’t paid yet)
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– scrappy striped blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Blocking 101 by Amy Dame
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize; sign up for workshop, sew-in)
– August Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.