Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, October 26th
This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on the fourth Monday of the month, Monday, October 26th. We have delayed our meeting this month to avoid a conflict with the lecture by the Quilters of Gee’s Bend. This delayed meeting should give you more time to bring back QuiltCon charity quilt blocks! If you missed out on picking up a kit at the September meeting, see Amy at our October meeting to see how you can get involved.
Our guild will be presenting a Modern Mini Showcase at the Vancouver Quilters’ Guild show in a week, so please go check it out on Friday, October 23rd or Saturday, October 24th! Find out more in our blog post and on the VQG website.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) VMQG Modern Mini Showcase at Vancouver Quilters’ Guild Show, 10am-5pm, Friday, October 23rd and 10am-4pm, Saturday, October 24th, St. Mary’s Ukranian Hall, Vancouver
2) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, November 20th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
3) Free-Motion Quilting Workshop with Lynne Fanthorpe, 10am-5pm, Sunday, November 22nd, Croatian Cultural Centre, $45 for members, $50 for non-members. (1 space remaining)
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, October 26th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell (we’re wrapping up the 2015 UFO challenge, last chance to share UFO quilts!)
– your name tag
– bag of scraps for scrap swap if you are participating
– Halloween blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize; pick up quilts, sign up for workshop, sew-in)
– October Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.