This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, August 15th, 2016!
I hope everyone is staying cool with this awesome summer weather! AND everyone is super excited for our first ever VMQG Showcase! For this August Meeting we are happy to have our very own Amy Dame give us some pointers on working/sewing with vinyl! Yay!
Also a reminder that the English Paper Piecing projects are due! We’ll be having a group photo to show off all of the things we made! Can’t wait to see everyone there!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1.) VMQG Showcase! – August 27 & 28th, The Pipe Shop Building, North Vancouver Shipyards, 115 Victory Ship Way (the foot of Lonsdale Ave.) Admission $5 adults, children under 12 free
2.) Block Printing Workshop with Lysa Flower – Sunday October 2, 2016, Room C, Croatian Cultural Centre, $50 for members, $55 for non-members, plus $20 supply fee payable to Lysa
August Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, August 15th, 2016
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
– 2015/16 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2015/16 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2016) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– Little Boy Britches Blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin blocks
– English Paper Piecing projects
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Guild Business
– Working with Vinyl with Amy
– Break (eat treats & socialize;sign up for workshops, sew-in’s, etc)
– August Block Lotto Challenge
– Group Photo for E.P.P challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.