This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, April 17th, 2017!
Spring has sprung! Finally! And we have a fantastic Guild Retreat coming up which makes April so exciting!
This month’s feature is a great one! A lot of us have seen some fabulously upcycled projects around on the internet and if you are like me have always wondered “How do I even start something like this?” Well fear no more! We have our very own guild member Amanda Ward who will be telling us exactly what we need to know!!
I can’t wait! Can’t wait to see everyone at the meeting!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1.) Spring Retreat! April 28th to May 1st – Edenvale Retreat Centre, 4330 Bradner Road, Abbotsford. $390 – 3 Nights shared room, $435 Single room (limited) 3 nights. $120 Deposit with the remainder due January 2017 meeting. Ask Jessica if there are still spots available!
2.) Sat., May 27: Scrappy Improvisation, MEC Head Office, 1077 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, 10-4
Sun., May 28: Creative Quilting with the Walking Foot, MEC Head Office, 1077 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, 10-4
Mon., May 29: Slice and Insert Improvisation, Croatian Cultural Centre, Room C, 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, 10-4
April Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, April 17th, 2017
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, this requires the $5 entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– 2016/17 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2016/17(cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2017) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Flower Box Blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin Quilts!!!!
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Guild Business – MQG updates, Riley Blake Challenge Deadline, etc.
– Call Out for Mini Maker Fair Volunteers! ***Be sure to help out!!**
– Block Lotto Challenge
– April Feature!
– Break (eat treats & socialize;sign up for retreat, etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.