This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, June 19th, 2017!
It’s Anniversary Time!!! We will have a super fun Icebreaker game this month. If any of you have come to one of the last retreats, we have a fantastic fabric strip game for everyone to enjoy! Don’t worry, the rules are very simple and you will learn in a few seconds. Just bring 10 strips at 2.5″ width of fabric to play in solid colors and/or low-volume prints! If you have time, maybe bring a few extra if some people don’t have enough!
Be sure to bring extra yummy food stuffs as our break is usually a bit longer during this meeting so everyone can get to know each other! Maybe talk about how you joined the guild!
We also want to try a little something new! A sew-in from 12PM – 6PM on the day of the guild meeting at Michelle B’s condo room located at Knight and Kingsway! Get those projects finished up for Show & Tell!! We all need a little extra time!
Upcoming Community Events
1.) Patchwork Nation – Fraser Valley Quilt Guild Show, George Preston Recreation Centre, 20699 42 Ave, Langley, Friday June 23rd & 24th, 2017 10am to 5pm, $7 Attendance fee, Gentleman Free!
2.) Our Social Fabric Sale!, Our Social Fabric, 340-1275 Venables Street, Vancouver, Sunday June 25th, 2017 10 am to 1 pm. Arrive early, bring a bag, cash is faster!
3.) Sew-in at Dinkydoo Fabrics, Dinkydoo Fabrics Retail Store, Unit 108- 19141 Ford Road, Pitt Meadows, Friday July 21st, 5 pm to 11pm $10 Attendance Fee
June Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, June 19th, 2017
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, this requires the $5 entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– 2016/17 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for prorated membership 2016/17(cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2017) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– 60 Degree Triangles for block lotto
– Round Robin Quilts!!!!
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Ice Breaker Game! Strip Poker!!!
– Guild Business – MQG updates, Quilt Con Registration June 21!
– Michael Miller Challenge Information
– American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
– Jacquie Gering Refunds Update
– Mini Maker Fair Update!
– Block Lotto Challenge
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.