This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, January 15th, 2018.
It’s our first meeting of 2018, which is shaping up to be really great!! We have a lot of great things planning, including programs, workshops and our Quilt Showcase in August 2018.
1.) VMQG Edenvale Retreat
Friday January 12 – 15, 2018, 3250 Commercial Drive, 4330 Bradner Road, Abbotsford, Edenvale Retreat & Conference Centre, $390-$435 depending on single or shared rooms (limited availability for single rooms). Due immediately.
2.) The Door Jam Quilt Workshop with Barb Mortell
Sunday, February 4th, 2018 10:00am-5:00pm, 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, Room C at Croatian Cultural Centre, $55 for Members, $70 for Non-Members. Sold Out.
3.) Wedge Workshop with Paul Krampitz
Sunday, February 25th, 2018 10:00am-5:00pm, at Langara College. $50 for Members, $65 for Non-Members. Spaces still available.
January Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $50 dues for membership 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks for everyone to see.
– Nametag Challenge Items
– Round Robin Quilts!!!!
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Guild Business
– Block Lotto Blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share with everyone
– Nametag Challenge Items
– Guild Feature – Round Robin Program Review and Reveal
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!