Just a reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, March 19th, 2018. We have a lot of great things planned this year; programs, workshops and our VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase which will take place August 25 and 26, 2018 at the Pipe Shop Venue at the Shipyards in North Vancouver, BC.
1.) Retreat Bag and Dumpling Pouch
Sunday, March 25th, 2018 10 am to 5 pm
$30 Members, $45 Non-Members, fees are non-refundable
Sunday April 22nd, 2018 Time: TBA, at Croatian Cultural Centre
$50 Members, $65 non-members, fees are non-refundable
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $50 dues for membership 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Workshop Update
– MQG Quiltcon Travelling Quilt Exhibit Update and Volunteer Opportunities
– VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase Update
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block
– Improv Sampler for March
Guild Feature – Daphne Harwood Trunk Show
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!