Did you know that your membership in the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild automatically gives you membership in the Modern Quilt Guild?
So, what are the benefits of being an MQG member besides the discount for QuiltCon?
Paula Bohan is a founding member of the VMQG who has attended every QuiltCon to date. Paula will describe the benefits of MQG membership and will walk you through all of the resources available on the MQG website.
Paula will speak at our next meeting which will be on Monday, May 21st, 2018.
Keep in mind that our VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase which will take place August 25 and 26, 2018 at the Pipe Shop Venue at the Shipyards in North Vancouver, BC. We are hoping you will participate by entering a modern quilt or two and by volunteering your time at the event. You will be able to register your quilts at the next meeting so read the blog post and come prepared.
May Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: Monday, May 21st, 2018 starting at 7pm
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $25 dues for membership for the second half of 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, cheque book, or credit (or NOW debit) card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for May 21st, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Workshop Updates
– MQG Quiltcon Travelling Quilt Exhibit Update
– VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase Update
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block
– Improv Sampler for May – Paula Bohan – MQG Membership Benefits and Site Review
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!