Our former VMQG member and Executive member, Stacey Day, has recently launched a fabulous new book, Child’s Play Quilts. We are pleased that Stacey will be our guest speaker at our June meeting and will be doing a trunk show and book signing for us.
Stacey has been published in many magazines, including American Quilter, McCall’s Quilting, Modern Quilts Unlimited and Quiltcon Magazine. She was a lecturer and teacher at Quilt Canada this past weekend. Stacey also designs quilts for Tula Pink and will be teaching alongside Tula on a quilting cruise this August.
At the meeting Stacey will have copies of her new book for purchase for $30 cash or $31.50 via Square.
Also remember that the June meeting is the last time to register your quilts in person for the VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase which will be held in August. See blog post regarding registration details here.
The quilt show committee members will be available at the meeting to take photos of the quilts for you at the meeting if you aren’t able to get your own pictures (if you want to take advantage of this, please bring your quilts). If you miss the meeting you are still able to register your quilt online until the end of June.
June Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: Monday, June 18th, 2018 starting at 7pm
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $25 dues for membership for the second half of 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash or credit card/debit card, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, cheque book, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for June 18th, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase Update
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block and Improv Sampler Block
– Trunk Show by Stacey Day
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc. and get your book signed by Stacey Day)
– Show and Tell
– Door prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!