(one of Terry’s circle quilts)
Do you love the look of circles in quilts? But are you intimidated by sewing curves?
Terry Aske is a longtime VMQG member who makes amazing art quilts and blogs at TerryAskeArtQuilts.com. Her work has won awards, is regularly published in magazines, and was included in a recent book. And she’s intimidated by curves too! She uses a variety of techniques to create her circle quilts that are simple, easy and effective, and she’s going to share them with us!
(from first workshop taught to VMQG members)
The workshop will cover:
- an easy method to draw a circle any size
- making and using freezer-paper templates
- how to create accurate circles using a freezer paper pattern and flat seam sewing
- circles with raw edges, covered with bias tape, couching or decorative stitching
- circles with folded edges
We will make 12 inch square blocks using a variety of techniques. The blocks could become a small wall-hanging, a pillow cover, or the start of a larger quilt.
Here are some examples of the blocks we’ll be making –
Terry blogged about some other examples here, you should check them out!
So come join us for a day of circles!!
Date: Sunday, September 30
Time: 10am – 5pm
Place: Croatian Cultural Centre
Cost: $55 for VMQG members, $70 for non-members
The workshop is now full. Please email email@example.com to get on the waiting list.