This is a reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, September 17th, 2018!
Our upcoming meeting will feature one of our members, Terry Aske who will be doing a trunk show of her work for us. She will also be teaching a sold-out workshop for us in September.
If you have signed up for our October Retreat, final payments are due at the September meeting if you have not yet paid. See original retreat blog post: http://vancouvermodernquiltguild.ca/blog/2018/06/vmqg-retreat-october-2018/
Initial deposits were $120 therefore final payments due are as follows:
3 nights: $270
2 nights: $145
3 nights: $315
2 nights: $200
If you do not know how much you owe, please contact retreat organizer, Elisabeth Geller at .
The October retreat is full, however, we are taking names for the waiting list if you think you may want to attend but have not yet signed up.
September Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: Monday, September 17th, 2018 starting at 7pm
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $25 dues for membership for the second half of 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash or credit card/debit card, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– Final Retreat Payments (can be paid by cheque, debit or credit card)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, cheque book, debit or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for September 17th, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase Update – Krista Hennebury
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block
– Next Month’s Improv Sampler Block
– Guest Speaker Terry Aske
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!