We are going to do a fat quarter swap. There are going to be extra special delicious refreshments including punch. Paul is going to show us how he gives a standard lamp a modern quilting makeover. In other words, it’s going to be a celebratory evening with our modern quilting mates.
When: Monday, December 17th from 7 to 9PM
Where: Hewitt Hall, Unitarian Church on the NE corner of Oak St & West 49th Ave in Vancouver, BC.
Guests: first meeting is free (subject to special events), and after that it’s $10.00/meeting. If you come to more than six meetings a year and want the perks associated with the MQG, then become a member.
Transit: The #17 bus runs along Oak St and the #49 likes 49th Ave.
Possible things to bring:
– a name tag
– means to pay for things like workshops, etc.
– contributions to the door prizes, free table, & refreshments
– Robins, bring your projects for the last round of the year
– modern quilts for the show & tell
– a fat quarter in a seasonal fabric for our blind swap
– MQG news
– update from the workshop committee
– new business
– block lotto challenge for January meeting
– prompt for improv sampler
– program: Paul Krampitz and his technicolor lampshade
– break to mingle & jingle
– modern quilt show & tell
– fat quarter swap
– door prizes
– get home safely & enjoy the rest of 2018
Please refrain from wearing scented products to the meeting.
And, a reminder to those who are kind enough to bring donations to the free table: if your items are not rehomed, then take the leftovers with you as they do not magically go to a better place when you leave the building.
See you soon!