This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, February 15th, 2016!
It’s February already! This month, the VMQG is happy to have a presentation from our very own guild member Elke! Elke’s husband is an architectural photographer who was shooting a house for an architect for an article in Gray magazine and borrowed some quilts from members of our guild. And now we can see the result! So exciting!
For this month’s Show & Tell, we would like to do a little feature, the QuiltCon Rejects! Bring your quilts and give us a little story about them! After this we will continue with regular Show & Tell. Bring all your goodies to show us!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, April 15th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
February Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, February 15th, 2016
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
– 2015/16 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2015/16 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2016) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– Orange Peel Block for block lotto
– Round Robin blocks
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Presentation by our guild member Elke!
– Guild Business
– VMQG Show information from Krista
– UFO Challenge with Felicity
– March Block Lotto Challenge
– Break (eat treats & socialize; pick up quilts, sign up for workshop, sew-in)
– QuiltCon Rejects Show & Tell, Regular Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.