Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, September 21st
We’re just a month away from our Modern Mini Showcase at the upcoming Vancouver Quilters’ Guild show! Our September meeting is the deadline to hand in your show-ready quilts. Please fill out and submit the Google Form PRIOR TO OUR SEPTEMBER MEETING here: Registration form. This information will be used to make the show label for your quilt, so we cannot accept quilts without this completed form. Share your progress pics using the hashtag #VMQGmodernminishowcase.
September is back to school season for many of us, so our program this month will be an educational experience! We’ll be watching some highlights of modern quilting webinars provided by The Modern Quilt Guild. Every VMQG member has access to these great resources at home and we want to encourage you to take advantage of this membership benefit!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, October 2nd, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
2) VMQG Weekend Quilting Retreat at Edenvale, October 16-18th, 2015.
3) VMQG Modern Mini Showcase at Vancouver Quilters’ Guild Show, 10am-5pm, Friday, October 23rd and 10am-4pm, Saturday, October 24th, St. Mary’s Ukranian Hall, Vancouver
4) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, November 20th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
5) Free-Motion Quilting Workshop with Lynne Fanthorpe, 10am-5pm, Sunday, November 22nd, Croatian Cultural Centre, $45 for members, $50 for non-members.
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, September 21st, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern mini quilt (labelled) with dowel if participating in showcase
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– economy blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– MQG Modern Quilting Webinars
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize; hand in quilts, sign up for workshop, sew-ins)
– September Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto