Meeting Reminder – Monday, February 19th, 2018
Posted on February 12th, 2018 by ParmG | Comments Off
on Meeting Reminder – Monday, February 19th, 2018
This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, February 19th, 2018. It’s our second meeting of 2018. We have a lot of great things planned, including our program, upcoming workshops and our VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase which will take place August 25 and 26, 2018 at the Pipe Shop Venue at the Shipyards in North Vancouver, BC.
1.) Wedge Workshop with Paul Krampitz
Sunday, February 25th, 2018 10:00am-5:00pm, at Langara College. $50 for Members, $65 for Non-Members. fees are non-refundable. Spaces still available.
2.) Retreat Bag and Dumpling Pouch
Sunday, March 25th, 2018 10 am to 5 pm
$30 Members, $45 Non-Members, fees are non-refundable
3) How to Make Your Own Paper Piecing Block with Lysa Flower
Sunday April 22nd, 2018 Time: TBA, at Croatian Cultural Centre
$50 Members, $65 non-members, fees are non-refundable
February Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $50 dues for membership 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for February 19, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell – Welcome
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Workshop Updates – Block Lotto Blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share with everyone
– Guild Feature – Krista Hennebury – What is Modern Quilting?
– Marcy Horswill – Update on CQA – Update on Modern Quilt Showcase – Mini Quilt Challenge – Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto winner!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!