We are getting together for a free sew-in, in support of Berene Campbell’s (@happysewlucky) community project, the #torontoloveproject. The intent of the project is to bring a little hope and positivity to the city of Toronto, and in particular North York, in the wake of the recent tragic event there.
Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
Place: St. David’s Anglican Church, 1115 51a St., Delta, BC (Tsawwassen)
Sew-in will be in the church hall which is across from Abbeyfield House.
Lunch will be provided.
Map of the location:
Please sign up at the next guild meeting which is Monday, May 21, 2018. However, you do not need to be a member of the VMQG to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend and cannot make the meeting.
Please refer to @happysewlucky’s blog post (link above) for the tutorial and details on the banners that we will be making and for ideas of what to make. We will also be receiving some graciously donated fabric from Hyggeligt Fabrics. http://www.hyggeligt.ca/ We will be receiving enough fabric to make approximately 10 banners. Each banner is two sided and is 22 feet long which takes approximately 2 meters of fabric.
What to bring:
– Sewing machine in good working order. (Remember your power cord)
– Sewing supplies – thread, scissors, pins, measuring tape etc.
– Cutting mat and rotary cutter
– Solid fabrics in jewel tones to supplement the donated fabric (refer to Berene’s blog post for requested colours).
– Any other special sewing supplies for your project (Paper piecing rulers, fusible web etc.)
– Empty toilet paper rolls (for rolling the finished banners for mailing to Toronto).
– Snacks and nibbles
Irons, ironing boards and extension cords will be provided.
Any banners finished at the sew-in (or finished and brought to the sew-in) will be mailed together to Toronto.
Come and have a fun day!! I am hoping we have a great turnout for such a fabulous project.