This is a reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, August 20th, 2018!
Our upcoming meeting will feature guest speaker, Jean Kares, who is the organizer of the Textile Society of America’s Biennial Symposium which will be held in Vancouver Sept 19-23, 2018. We are looking forward to hearing from her.
Showcase Quilts can be dropped off at the August meeting starting at 6:30 pm. Only quilts completed with labels and sleeves will be accepted. If your quilts are not yet complete, you may drop them off between 5-8 pm Friday August 24 at the north end of the Pipe Shop venue in North Vancouver. Unfortunately, we cannot hang quilts NOT received by 8 pm Friday night.
Please alert Krista (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if you are unable to complete a registered quilt in time for the show”
If you have signed up for our October Retreat, final payments are due by the next meeting. See original retreat blog post:
Initial deposits were $120 therefore final payments due are as follows:
3 nights: $270
2 nights: $145
3 nights: $315
2 nights: $200
If you would like to make your final payment now – a Paypal button is available below:
If you do not know how much you owe, please contact retreat organizer, Elisabeth Geller at Elisabeth_geller@vancity.com.
The October retreat is full, however, we are taking names for the waiting list if you think you may want to attend but have not yet signed up. Please contact Elisabeth to get on the waiting list.
Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Modern Quilt Showcase
Saturday and Sunday, August 25 and 26, 2018 at the Pipe Shop Venue at the Shipyards, 115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
August Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: Monday, August 20th, 2018 starting at 7pm
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email email@example.com to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $25 dues for membership for the second half of 2017/18 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash or credit card/debit card, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2018) or guest fee ($10)
– Final Retreat Payments (can be paid by cheque or credit card)
– Quilts for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Showcase
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, cheque book, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for August 20th, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– VMQG Modern Quilt Showcase Update
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block
– Next Month’s Improv Sampler Block
– Guest Speaker Jean Kares
– Break (eat treats & socialize; etc)
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
See you there!