Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, April 20th
QuiltCon, the quilt show and conference put on by The Modern Quilt Guild, may have happened two months ago, but it’s still fresh in the minds of our members who visited Austin, Texas. Several VMQG members will share about their QuiltCon experiences at our meeting and Shelagh Rooney is going to talk about her trip to Gee’s Bend, Alabama.
At this meeting, we’ll also be opening up registration for the VMQG Weekend Quilting Retreat happening at Edenvale, October 16-18th, 2015. If you’d like to register, please bring a cheque for the $50 deposit to tomorrow’s meeting. There will be a lottery if we have more interest than spaces after our April meeting.
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Applique with a Modern Twist Workshop with Stacey Murton and Matt Wheeler, 10:00am-4:00pm, Sunday, April 26th, Croatian Cultural Centre. $50 ($55 non-members). Fee includes some basic supplies (possibly one space remaining).
2) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, May 1st, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10 ($15 day of) (several spaces remaining)
3) Circles Circles Circles Workshop with Terry Aske, 10:00am-5:00pm, Sunday, May 24th, Croatian Cultural Centre. $55 ($60 non-members).
4) Vancouver Mini Maker Faire, 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th, PNE Forum. Volunteers needed!
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, April 20th, 2015
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– $50 deposit cheque for retreat (if attending)
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– list of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) and $2 per item for UFO Challenge
– your name tag
– 1/4 circle blocks for block lotto
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– QuiltCon & Gee’s Bend Trip Recap by Shelagh, Felicity & Stacey D.
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize; sign up for retreat, sew-in, workshops, volunteer for Maker Faire)
– April Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto