Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, July 20th
We look forward to seeing you on Monday for our guild meeting! We’ll be meeting at a different location than usual so we can enjoy the summer weather at Trout Lake Park. The forecast is currently showing a high of 23C on Monday, which sounds great for a lovely evening at the park!
Janet Archibald’s Challenge Project
We will be sharing our Riley Blake Cottage Garden MQG Fabric Challenge projects at this meeting and we’d like to ask people who have already shared their completed projects to bring them back for a group photo.
If you didn’t get your awesome goody bag at our 5th anniversary meeting, come pick it up at Trout Lake! And if you’re going on our retreat in October, the balance of your payment is due at this meeting so remember your cheque!
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Outdoor Meeting
When: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, July 20th, 2015 Come early and bring a picnic dinner! FYI: The concession stand will be closed, so bring your own food! We’ll start our meeting around 7pm as usual.
Who: VMQG members, guests, and families. You are welcome to bring your families and friends along at no charge. There is a nearby playground for the children to enjoy if they need a diversion.
Where: The grassy area near the concession stand at the south end of Trout Lake in John Hendry (Trout Lake) Park, East Vancouver. The nearest intersection is BC Parkway and E 19th Ave. The closest parking lots are at BC Parkway just off of E 19th Ave (smaller lot, but closer to the meeting place) and Trout Lake Community Centre (larger lot, entrance at Victoria Dr and E 15th Ave, five min walk from site).
Inclement Weather Plan: We have an alternate venue in place in case of inclement weather and we will confirm the meeting location on the day of the meeting on our Facebook page. If the weather is iffy, please check social media!
Transit: The #20 bus goes down Commercial Drive and takes you within a few blocks of our meeting place.
Questions: Check in with our facebook page or twitter account if you need help on the night of the meeting. Holly will be monitoring the pages on her phone.
2) Stick It In Your Purse, Honey! Workshop with Berene Campbell, Sunday, August 16th, Croatian Cultural Centre $50 ($55 non-members), includes pattern.Emailamy@vancouvermodernquiltguild.
3) PNW MQG Meet Up: Friday, August 21st-Sunday, August 23rd, Seattle. SeeSMQG website for more information. #EPICmeetup2015
4) Friday night Sew-in on Friday, August 28th at Holy Trinity Anglican Church 6:00pm-11:00pm for $10 (priority registration for VMQG members).
Fancy Fox II quilt by Stacey Murton, pattern by Elizabeth Hartman
5) Fancy Fox II Quilt Workshop with Jade Prosser, Sunday, September 27th, $50 for members, $55 for non-members (including the pattern).
What to bring:
– 2014/15 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2014/15 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2015) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– $215 deposit cheque for retreat (if attending)
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– flag blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– quilt or folding chair to sit on
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Guild Business
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; sign up for sew-ins and workshops, pick up goody bags)
– July Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Block Lotto & Door Prizes
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.