Our next meeting is 7:00pm, Monday, August 18th
It’s nearly time for our August meeting! We’re happy that our guild has grown rapidly lately and we want to get to know all of our new members. To that end, we’ll be doing a favourite tools mixer to start our August meeting. Please bring in your favourite/most unusual/most unconventional tools and be ready to share why you love them!
Mini quilts made by VMQG executive members, photo by Stacey Murton
Our August meeting agenda also includes the much-anticipated reveal of the mini quilts we’ve been making for our secret partners within the guild. We can’t wait to see them all!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) PNW MQG Meet-up: Friday, August 22nd-Sunday, August 24th, various locations in Vancouver. Members of several regional MQGs are coming together for a potluck, apron swap, sew-out, viewing of the Common Threads Indigo Quilts, tour of local quilt stores, and more! Check out the meet-up page for up-to-date info.
2) Teeny Weeny Swap with Greater West Sydney MQG: Fill out your questionnaire by Monday, August 25th to sign up. Details on the blog.
3) Local pattern designer Tasia St. Germaine of Sewaholic will be at our September 15th guild meeting with a presentation and pop up shop.
4) Paper Piecing Workshop with Stacey Day, Sunday, September 28th, Croatian Cultural Centre $45 ($50 non-members), includes pattern for block.
5) Knit City Fibre Festival, 10-6 Saturday, October 4th & 10-6 Sunday, October 5th at the PNE Forum. The VMQG will have a booth and we’re looking for volunteers for half-day shifts. Sign up at break at the meeting!
6) Executive elections at our October 20th meeting, watch the blog for a nomination form.
August Meeting Details
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email holly@
What to bring:
– 2013/14 membership card, completed membership form and $25 dues for 2013/14 (cheque or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2014) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– wrapped mini quilt (include a note or business card) if you’re participating in the swap
– Round Robin kit if you are participating
– your name tag
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed, please email Heather at secretary@
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Favourite Tools Mixer
– Show and Tell
– Break (eat treats & socialize!; swap mini quilts, sign up for workshop, sign up to volunteer at Knit City)
– August Challenge
– Guild Business
– Mini Quilt Show and Tell and group photo
– Door Prizes