We’re super excited to announce a new swap! We’ve done quite a few swaps with other guilds, but it’s been a while since we did one just within our group.We see so much amazing work within our guild (that’s why our Show and Tell rocks), it’s about time we shared that with each other!
so! a Mini Quilt Swap!
(Heather’s started an inspiration board on the VMQG pinterest account, be sure to check it out!)
here’s the details:
– this will NOT be a blind swap. when you sign up, you’ll fill out a questionnaire. when you’re assigned a partner, you’ll be sent their questionnaire. this means that you’ll get something made specifically for you, taking your likes and dislikes into consideration. awesome!
– sign ups will start today, June 16, 2014, and will go to June 30, 2014. that gives you two weeks to get your booty in gear!
– sign ups will be ONLINE. this will let Amy email your questionnaire to your partner without having to retype it all and try to decipher your handwriting.
– partners will be assigned by July 7, 2014 at the latest
– you’ll bring your finished mini quilt back to the August guild meeting, on August 18, 2014
– that gives you 5 weeks to make something amazing!
– mini quilts will have a minimum perimeter of 50″, and a maximum perimeter of 100″. that means length + length + width + width will add up to at least 50″, but no more than 100″. you can make your mini any shape you like, as long as it fits within 50″-100″ perimeter.
– quilts should have some sort of hanger attached. this can be a sleeve, triangles in the two upper corners, whatever works best for the quilt you make.
– there will be no extras in this swap. when you bring your quilt back (wrapped and labeled with your partner’s name), the only thing in the package should be the quilt.
– this is a members-only activity. supporting your guild has its perks!
– please keep your summer schedule in mind when signing up. if you’re so busy that you might not get your mini finished in time, it might be better to wait for another swap. finding swap angels or dealing with late packages is no fun for your partner or for the organizer!
if you have any questions, please email Amy
amy AT vancouvermodernquiltguild DOT ca
She’ll be out of town for part of the sign up period, but due to the wonders of technology, she’ll still be able to respond to you (give her a day or so though, she might be on the beach!)