It’s been a while since we’ve done a swap with another guild, so we’re excited to announce a mini-mini quilt swap with Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild!
What’s a mini-mini quilt?
It’s a small quilt with a minimum perimeter of 24″, and a maximum perimeter of 48″. That means length + length + width + width will add up to at least 24″, but no more than 48″. You can make your mini-mini quilt any shape you like, as long as it fits within 24″-48″ perimeter. A square quilt 12″ x 12″ would be the maximum perimeter.
Remember how fun our mini quilt swap back in 2014 was? This will be just as great, but with quilts half the size!
Wanna participate this time around? Here’s the details!
– This is a SECRET swap. When you sign up, you’ll fill out a questionnaire. When you’re assigned someone to sew for, you’ll be sent their questionnaire. This means that you’ll get something made specifically for you, taking your likes and dislikes into consideration. Awesome! Most people will be assigned a partner from the Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild, though if the numbers are uneven, a few VMQG members might end up swapping with each other. The person you’re sewing for will not be the same person as who’s sewing for you.
– You’ll be making a MODERN mini-mini quilt based on your partner’s likes and dislikes. Everyone has different levels of quilting experience, but we’ll all be doing our best possible work.
– Since it’s a secret swap, hints and in-progress pics are totally welcome! Please use the hashtag #omqgandvmqgswap so that we can all follow along.
– Sign ups will start today, January 16, 2017, and will go to February 1, 2017. That gives you a little over two weeks to sign up.
– Sign ups will be ONLINE only.
– Partners will be assigned by February 15, 2017, and your partner’s information will be emailed to you
– You’ll bring your finished mini quilt back to the April guild meeting, on April 17th, 2017. We’ll mail all of the quilts together to Ottawa, and they’ll mail all of theirs to us. Quilts will be distributed at the May guild meeting, on May 15th, 2017.
– Quilts should have some sort of hanger attached. this can be a sleeve, triangles in the two upper corners, whatever works best for the quilt you make.
– This is a members-only activity. supporting your guild has its perks!