At our last meeting, I (amy) did a talk on English Paper Piecing (EPP) and we announced our latest guild challenge!
Bunnys Designs in Austin Texas very generously donated samples of cute Japanese fabrics which included seven 1″ hexagon papers. (VMQG purchased additional papers to insert into the baggies, so you should have at least fifteen) We distributed these bundles at the March guild meeting, and they’ll be available at the April meeting until the end of the break. After that, we’ll make the extras available to anyone who needs more fabric to work with, so if you haven’t received your fabric and won’t be attending the April meeting, please ask a friend to pick yours up, or contact us ASAP!
The guidelines for the challenge are:
– Make something using English Paper Piecing techniques. it doesn’t matter what, just something! We encourage you to try this technique if it’s new to you, even if all you do is make a few hexies and applique them onto a zippered pouch. You might surprise yourself and love it!
– Use the majority of the fabric provided. The styles of the fabric vary within the fabric packet, so if you skip a few of the prints, that’s fine, but use as much as you can.
– You can add whatever additional fabrics you like, it’s wide open!
– Bring your finished item back to the June VMQG meeting. It’s our anniversary meeting, and we’ll do a group shot with all of our fabulous EPP projects!
– use the hashtag #vmqgeppchallenge when posting on social media so that we can follow along with your progress.
Fussy cutting hexies can be addictive, have fun with it!