This is a quick reminder that our next meeting will be on the fourth Monday of the month, Monday, January 18th, 2016!
Welcome to 2016!! I hope everyone enjoyed their last days of 2015 and are ready to start a new year of quilting!!! This month we have a special guest speaker who is a great inspiration to our lovely little guild. Our very own Paul Krampitz! Yes! You may think he is just a great quilt holder but no no!! Paul has been the mastermind of many of the quilt challenges over the years, he has lead workshops and helped out at many quilting events.
As Paul has been quilting for many years and accumulated a number gorgeous quilts to show us, we will be having a shortened Show & Tell this month. If there is anything that you need to send off to family or friends, be sure to sign up first! If your projects are under no time constraint, please still sign up on the list, however there may not be enough time during this meeting. We want to make sure Paul can show us everything and answer all our questions!
Upcoming VMQG Events
1) Fancy Fox II Workshop with Jade Prosser, 10am-5pm, Saturday January 30th, 2016 Croatian Cultural Centre, $50 for members, $55 for non-members.
2) Friday night Sew-in, 6:00-11:00pm, Friday, Feb 5th, Church Hall at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, $10
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild MeetingWhen: 7:00-9:00pm, Monday, January 18th, 2016
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $5 until you become a member.
What to bring:
– 2015/16 membership card, completed membership form and $50 dues for 2015/16 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2016) or guest fee ($5)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, chequebook, or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– modern quilt to share at Show and Tell
– your name tag
– January Woven Blocks for block lotto
– Round Robin finished quilt
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– treats are welcomed
– door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
– Paul Krampitz Trunk Show!
– Break (eat treats & socialize; pick up quilts, sign up for workshop, sew-in)
– Round Robin reveal!
– Guild Business
– February Challenge
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes & block lotto
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.