This is a reminder that our next meeting will be on Monday, November 19th, 2018!
Our upcoming meeting will include the renewal of your membership if you haven’t already done so. We encourage members to bring treats for the break and quilts for show and tell. Our program will be on photographing your quilt, just in time for QuiltCon deadline.
November Meeting Details:
What: Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
When: Monday, November 19th, 2018 starting at 7pm
Where: Hewett Hall, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (at the NE corner of W 49th Ave and Oak St).
Parking: Free parking is available in the parking lot. Street parking is also available.
Transit: The 49 and 17 buses run along 49th Ave and Oak St respectively. The Canada Line has a station at Cambie and 49th.
Guests: If you’re a guest, we’d appreciate it if you would email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we can know to expect you. Your first meeting is free and subsequent meetings are $10 until you become a member. UNLESS there is a special guest speaker, there may be a separate entrance fee even for first time guests.
What to bring:
– Completed membership form and $50 dues for membership for 2018/19 (cheque made out to VMQG or cash or credit card/debit card, membership valid until Oct. 31, 2019) or guest fee ($10)
– calendar to record upcoming events
– cash, cheque book, debit card or credit card to pay for VMQG events
– your name tag
– Block lotto blocks
– Improv Sampler blocks to share
– Round Robin Quilts
– Show & tell items
– a mug (none will be supplied)
– Treats would be appreciated
– Door prizes: Please bring donations to the meeting and sign up at the door prize table.
VMQG Meeting Agenda for November 19th, 2018
Agenda: 6:30pm doors open, sign up for show and tell
– Membership Renewal prior to the start of the meeting and at the break
– Modern Quilt Guild Updates
– Workshop Update
– Next Month’s Block Lotto Block
– Program – Dianne Semark – How to Photograph your Quilt
– Break (eat treats & socialize, sign up for workshops, renew your membership).
– Show and Tell
– Door Prizes!
Fragrance-free policy: For the comfort of all of our members, all guild events are scent-free.
Please Remember that if you leave items on the “free table”, you must take any remaining items home with you at the end of the night. If your items are left behind we do not want to have to dispose of them for you.
See you there!
Link for membership for for 2018-19: http://vancouvermodernquiltguild.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Membership-Form-2018-19.pdf