Happy May, Robins!
We have a long weekend coming up and with us still being under some social gathering restrictions, that could mean a little more time to sew.
Nothing puts the fear into some quilters like the dreaded curve. But like most everything short of breathing, the more you practice the better you get; the better you get the more confidence you have. Ergo, sewing curves is good for you! If you are already a competent circle-maker, then even less reason to hesitate – pull out your favourite templates and get busy.
This month’s prompt, please add some circles in whatever iteration you choose: quarter, half, full.
Even a few curves with a lot of neutral space can really bring some visual interest/variety to a quilt top.
- Moda’s Cheeky (Quarter) Circles.
- Color Girl’s Half Circle Block.
- If you have Latifah Saafir’s 12″ Clammy template, then you could do her Muffin Tops block.
- Our own Lorna Shapiro did a demonstration at the last sew-in for inset circles.
- Ersa Fibres’ tutorial on making some Perfect Circles.